Translate

Thursday 19 December 2013

why do I write?


Why do I write?

It is a question for me from many days, why do I write? Why do I pick my pen and start jotting my thoughts, thoughts which many times have no relations with each other, they do not follow any rule grammatically or otherwise. But I can’t stop my impulse, my desire to write my desire to express, even though I know that there may be nobody out there who will want to read what a 19 years old girl think about the things going around her, what does she see in a world where everyone is running for perfection for perfect body, for perfect career, for perfect house to perfect spouse.

When this kind of thoughts become too much and I start believing them I stop writing. I vow to concentrate more on my studies, on my career etc. But every time I do this I end up with a feeling of frustration in my gut, a felling that I can’t make anything this way a feeling that I have to change something and on those days I turn again to my trusted companions  my though book and my pen. A feeling of relief, a feeling that everything in this world, everything around me cannot touch me as long as I can write, overcomes.

I feel a new energy pulsing through me, a new determination to do something, to achieve my goals pulse through me the feeling of everything is right I write for that feeling. Everyone has something which acts this way for him/her. For me it is writing but for you it can be singing, dancing, trekking anything. May be you also give this up for more important things like your career, family anything. But don't give up you can take a break from these thing, you can stop singing for some days when everything is too much fast but you can always catch up.  At the end we all don't have to be something big but that doesn’t mean we stop doing things that we love most.

Like I know that  I’m no Shakespeare but I still write cause stopping just because I’m not someone great, is like giving up breathing just because I’m not going to reach 100 years. Sure may be I will not reach 100 but still I can reach 60 so that's what I'm going to do I’m going to keep writing just like I keep breathing. Because that's what writing is for me writing is my breath that's my sanctuary. And who knows may be one day I will reach 100, I will become somebody worth reading. But for finding that I have to keep going, keep writing even if it is just for reminding myself that why do I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment